Wow – November already!! Ski season will be here before we know it! Below are a few of many reminders that will be coming your way over the coming months; I am sorry for how long it is but it is all very important information. Please ensure to watch your email, our Facebook page and our website for further updates as we move closer to the season.
Overall Program Updates:
- Registration for Christmas Camp is open. Please ensure to register early to secure a spot. This is a great pre-season camp to help the athletes get their skiing legs back, get a head start on the season and if we have enough snow some early gate training in before their first race! Any questions regarding the camps please let me know.
- If you are interested in being a parent volunteer – we are looking for you! We always need lots of help to run this awesome program and we have both inside and outside positions that we need help with!! If interested, please complete the following form and email back to email@example.com and we will be in touch with you!
- LSC Racing is now using the Remind App to help send push notifications for last minute updates or reminders (it will not take the place of email communication). This is a free app used by many schools and organizations (both my daughter’s school and karate class uses it); you can download the app to your device or sign-up for text message notifications. I will be using this medium for last minute updates and reminders – I can’t always get in front of the computer for mass emails so this will allow me to communicate in real time and more effectively with our community. Download the application in the Google Store or the Apple Store – or you can do the following for text notifications:
TEXT THIS MSG: @londonsk
- LSC Racing Team Gear is available for purchase through Source for Sports London. Please use the below link to order – these make GREAT Christmas gifts so please order early! The kinds love wearing their spirit gear! https://lscracing.com/team-gear/
U10 – U16 Competitive Teams:
- Some teams are filling up quickly – specifically the U12 and U16 teams. These groups will likely be capped. Please get your registrations in soon!!!
- We are just firming up our hiring at the moment – training nights will be released in the coming weeks.
- Schedule from AOA has not been released.
- Please log-on to AOA and pay your AOA fees for your racer! They will be unable to race if this is not done one week prior to the first race – I’m not kidding…. https://registration.alpineontario.ca/default.aspx
- HELMET UPDATE: U14 athletes and up will require a helmet that complies with FIS standards (ie. FIS label incorporated into the back of the helmet as per the manufacturer’s directions). 2016-2017 ACA Competition Rules and Policies are about to be launched however through consultation with the province and ACA, we know that this rule has been adopted.
Source for Sports London Update:
- The ski department is now open and is fully stocked with race gear. Please head over if you are looking for any new equipment – they know our program and can outfit you accordingly. Please note things do sell out fast so please do not wait!
- SNOW SALE – November 11th – 13th
- KUU Sport Tuning & Waxing Clinic – December 10th @ 10 AM in the main chalet
Should you have any questions, please let me know!